Fortbildung im Detail
R01292: Fachbezogenen Fortbildung Englisch
Interaction and language production in the English language Primary Classroom
am 09.06.2020Anmeldeschluss: 25.02.2020
Ansprechpartner organisatorisch: Handrack, Ute; (0 35 21) 41 27 22
This workshop is based on the principles of child-centred learning in English Language Teaching (ELT), which understands that children
- learn by doing and by being engaged in learning.
- are different and lessons should have a variety of types of activity to ensure all learners are included.
- are motivated to learn when feeling successful and having fun. It also takes into account that teachers need a bank of good ideas for activities that require minimal preparation.
In this workshop participants get the chance to experience and explore a range of class activities to appreciate the pedagogical value and syllabus links, as well as consider how they can be adapted to suit different ages and levels of learners.
Participants were introduced to a range of strategies, tasks, games and their potential to support language and child development.
They experienced various class activities in order to appreciate how and why they are effective.
They discussed how these activities and ideas can easily be integrated into current classroom practice.
- Using technology in the Primary Classroom
- Encouraging cooperative learning in which children not only practise language but also social interaction.
- Vocabulary: tasks and games from the very young to older students.
- Listening exercises
Mentor/innen, Lehrbeauftragte, Fachausbildungsleiter/innen und Fachberater/innen im Fach Englisch an Grundschulen
The course will be conducted in English.
Participants must be prepared to join in all games and activities as if they were Primary aged children.